My Songs

Words to some of the songs that I've written. All rights reserved. To hear podcasts of a selected number of these songs go to http://cactusclef.libsyn.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tarpley, Texas, United States

Born in New Orleans, raised in Muscle Shoals, educated in College Station, traveling the world.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

West Wind

Copyright 1997 Robert Darby and Robert Nathan

VERSE 1
Took a walk on the wild side - past a railroad track.
With nothing left to say or do.
On the south end of a side street - I turn to look back
Hoping to get a glimpse of you.
But somewhere in the shadows - I hear a whistle blow
Sounds like its calling your name.
But it's only a mirage - of a vanishing train
Yet, my heart still feels the same.

CHORUS 1
West wind leaving
Tell me where you gonna go?
My hearts grieving cause I'll miss you so.
Load up my heart - packed with memories of you
West wind leaving
You know, I'll miss you so

VERSE 2
As the train starts rollin - I'm shedding a tear.
For the luggage you left behind
On a cold winter's night - below a fog diffused light
A blistered leather bag waits for you
And on your way back - you came past these tracks.
But now all the luggage looks the same
That old cruel west wind - continues to blow.
And I hear it calling your name.

CHORUS1

CHORUS2
West Wind a blowin
Like a tumbleweed rollin
And thoughts of you fumblin in my brain
The instant of knowing
Is a seed that starts growin
From fantasies fallen like rain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home