My Songs

Words to some of the songs that I've written. All rights reserved. To hear podcasts of a selected number of these songs go to http://cactusclef.libsyn.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tarpley, Texas, United States

Born in New Orleans, raised in Muscle Shoals, educated in College Station, traveling the world.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Moments

Copyright 2005, Robert Lindsay Nathan, Jr.


All the friends I’ve ever had
Like slices from a loaf of bread
Have kept my searching spirit fed
Sustaining this lonely life I’ve led

Like diamonds in the shifting sands
Or leaves that drift upon the winds
Only God knows where it all will end
Precious moments that we spend

Chorus

So don’t let another minute pass
Since the one I remember was our last
The insanity of the vanity
That you hold with such esteem
Is just a ripple
On the ocean of a dream

So if your sails have lost the wind
Think of me your long lost friend
I’ll keep foul weather all at bay
And lead you to a calmer day

Storms behind us never last
Like passioned colored petals they will pass
To memories that never end
From precious moments that we spend

Chorus

Repeat first

Only God knows where it all will end
Precious moments that we spend

Fade

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home